The Spiritual Growth Mission Group is sponsoring a workshop called “Finding Focus,” led by OBC member Cindy Brown, on Saturday, April 23, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the church.
In this workshop, we’ll explore the concept of focus and consider how the things we learn from the physical world of cameras and lenses apply to finding spiritual focus in our lives.
“We get so caught up in the flurry of our lives that we forget the essential thing about art—that the act of creating is a healing gesture, as sacred as prayer, as essential to the spirit as food is to the body.” — Jan Phillips, God Is at Eye Level
The cost of the workshop will be $25, made out to Oakhurst Baptist Church. Participants should bring a sack lunch.
· Better understand how you can control your life’s focus.
· Develop the ability to “see” with fresh eyes
· Better understand what you consider essential.
· Gain clarity about your spiritual journey.
· Improve your ability to stay in the moment.
· Better understand how you can control the way the camera focuses.
· Develop an ability to “see” with fresh eyes.
Cindy has both practiced and taught photojournalism, working at newspapers including the St. Petersburg Times and Indianapolis Star, and winning awards including Pictures of the Year International and Wedding Photojournalist Association. After 10 years in the classroom, she left her position as a professor of photojournalism to follow her bliss—documentary photography, specializing in weddings. Ordained by Oakhurst and with a Master of Divinity from Candler, she is uniquely qualified to facilitate workshops that combine photography and spirituality.