MINISTER FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH
Seeking qualified persons to fill an open position of Minister for Children and Youth.
Job description appears below and in the downloadable PDF attached to this announcement.
Interested and qualified persons can apply by submitting a resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION for MINISTER FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH
The Minister for Children and Youth works in consultation and collaboration with the other ministerial staff members to meet the needs of the children and youth of the Oakhurst Baptist Church community. The position is supported and supervised by the full-time pastor(s) and the Personnel Committee and will work closely with the Christian Education Committee. The position is part time.
The Minister for Children and Youth will:
- In the areas of Children and Youth Education
- Provide leadership for the ministry for children and youth, including program development, teaching, mentoring, and integrating children and youth in the overall life and ministry of the church, as well as providing support to parents.
- Plan with Christian Education Committee evaluation of the Sunday School curriculum. Periodically review goals and philosophy of CE program.
- Integrate youth and children into worship services in coordination with ministerial staff.
- Provide leadership for children’s activities that occur during worship service.
- Engage children and youth in mission activities
- Provide leadership in planning for and implementation of youth camp, children’s camp, Vacation Bible School, and other youth and children’s retreats and special events.
- Provide a process for children and youth interested in baptism.
- Coordinate outreach to families in the community in collaboration with ministerial staff.
- In collaboration with the minister of music, coordinate Christian Music Education for children and youth.
- Provide leadership in the planning of regular and special Christian education programs, including but not limited to Youth Sunday, Hanging of the Greens, and teacher and graduate recognition services.
- Assist church administrator in compiling and maintaining names, addresses, email, birthdays etc of all the children and youth.
- In collaboration with the deacons, track and maintain contact with older youth after high school.
- Coordinate with church staff and appropriate committees in the use, upkeep and furnishings of the children and youth facilities.
- Administer church child safety policy.
- Provide leadership in preparing annual Christian Education budget, in coordination with the Christian Education Committee.
- Provide care for individuals and their families and short-term pastoral intervention in coordination with ministerial staff.
- Establish and promote social media presence for the children and youth program
- Participate in regular staff meetings as needed.
- Carry out occasional other duties to ensure appropriate staff coverage for the church, as needed.
Interested and qualified persons can apply by submitting a Resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.